Ordinance or Law Endorsement for Home or Business

Stack of blueprints with Building Permit text across the top with yellow hard hat

Typical homeowner’s insurance is in place to cover the costs of damage to your home. If a new building code was instituted and your home or business location was damaged, you may be required to upgrade to meet those new standards.

With ordinance or law coverage, any extended replacement cost for meeting the code. With this coverage, you will also be protected if you need to tear down and replace other sections of your home for the entire structure to be brought up to code, even if they were not damaged.

Ordinance or Law coverage for homeowners

The misconception is that ordinance or law coverage is just for old homes. Building codes change constantly, and unless your home is brand new, there is a significant chance local laws have changed. Without ordinance or law coverage, any extended replacement cost for meeting the code is not covered by standard home insurance and will come out of your pocket.

The professional and fully licensed Personal Lines team here at Cross Insurance Agency is here to help you get the right insurance for your home. As a local, independent insurance agency, we can find a great fit through one of the many companies we are partnered with. Whether it is a prominent brand you know and trust or a local, regional insurance company that lives where you live, we can find the right solution for your needs.

Click to find all the ways to contact us and get a quote started today.

Ordinance or Law endorsements for Businesses 

Just like your home, the facilities for your business are subject to building codes. You could be required to upgrade both the damaged and undamaged portion of your building should you have a claim.

Ordinance or law coverage helps protect your investment if you have not been able to keep pace with building code requirements. It is likely many codes have changed without your knowledge.

Our commercial services team has over 100 years of combined experience in business insurance. Large or small, we know how to protect any business and your investment. Trusting us means you don’t have to be an insurance expert.

Click to get to know our Commercial Services team.

How do I get started?

The best way to add ordinance or law endorsement onto your policy is to give your agent a call. Depending on the area, property value, structure type, and replacement cost, your choice for ordinance or law coverage could be different.

Get a Quote

Cross Insurance represents the top-rated insurance companies in Washington. We will compare pricing and coverage options finding you the best policy for your needs. Call us at: 888-438-6708 or click the button to the right to send us a message for your quote.